The end of summer is not only marked by the return to school.. From September also many cultural and social events are being revived. Theaters start into the new season, exhibitions are opening and other cultural events are being held.
Fall always marks a new beginning. And even though temperatures are still high and we try to seize every second of summer to its fullest, we know that it won’t go on like this for much long anymore… But with what is ahead of us in fall we are not even sad about it.
There are a lot of things to do and see this September in Vienna. We made a list for you, including our highlights of the coming month (plus one event which is already happening tomorrow night). You are going to have a lot of fun at each of them!
- What? An Exhibition about Seurat’s ‘invention’, the Pointilism and its influence on other artists, which became a strong movement in the art of the 19th century, including painters as Van Gogh, Matisse and Picasso.
- When? September, 16 – January, 8
- Where? Albertina, Albertinaplatz 1, Wien 1
- What? At Vienna’s international Art Fair is hosting 105 art galleries from 25 countries, presenting thousands of artworks from outstanding artists. Besides staging contemporary Austrian and international galleries, there is a special focus on East European and Nordic (European) representatives.
- When? September, 22 – 25 from 11 am. until 6/7 pm.
- Where? Marx Halle, Karl-Farkas-Gasse 19, Wien 3
Music & More
- What? Austria’s first international festival for new music theater! The schedule is full of the most different events, including dance, music and opera performances, all with a very cool concept: #PAY – Pay As You want
- When? August, 30 – September, 11
- Where? Werk X, Oswaldgasse 35A, Wien 12
- What? All the bars, pubs and clubs at the party Area Gürtel, the Stadtbahnbögen to be more precise, are opening their doors and melt together for a huge in- and outdoort party, attended by finest DJ vibes. Make sure to have a look at the schedule!
- When? August, 27th from 7 pm. until open end
- Where? Gürtel, from Stadtbahnbogen 22 to Stadtbahnbogen 72
- What? Shopping, seeing and being seen – for the second time the long shopping night is taking place in selected shops and other venues in Vienna. Exclusive offerings as discounts, snacks, drinks and fashion shows can be enjoyed throughout the evening!
- When? September, 7 from 6 pm. until midnight
- Where? Basically all over Vienna’s 1st district, Goldenes Quartier, Graben and Kärntnerstraße
- What? Austria’s contribution to the crazy international fashion scene. Fashion Shows, Exhibitions, Showrooms and a Pop Up Store let you have a look (and a buy) at Austrian and international Designer creations. It is THE fashion event in Vienna!
- When? September, 12 – 18
- Where? MuseumsQuartier Vienna, Museumsplatz 1, Wien 7
- What? It’s the 40th anniversary of the famous Circus Roncalli, which means that this year’s tour is going to be even more special than usual…
- When? September, 15 – October, 16
- Where? Rathausplatz, Wien 1
- What? The Buskers is a festival for street art, but in a huge dimension! From Clownery to acrobatics, live music and other performances – art in all its facets, from everyone for everyone! Also: Workshops, a chill-out-area, food & drinks and a pop-up market.
- When? September, 9 – 11, from 2 until 10 pm.
- Where? Karlsplatz, Wien 1
- What? It’s a magical mixture of light, colours and joy: The traditional lantern festival celebrates the Chinese new year as a premiere in Europe.
- When? September, 1 – October, 9
- Where? Donauinsel, between Brigittenauer Brücke and Floridsdorfer Brücke
Teaser Image by Vienna Contemporary