Maybe it’s flu season, I don’t know, but everybody seems to be ill, is well on the way to being ill, or is already over it. I myself have been feeling really worn out these last couple of days, my throat is super sore and my nose is running. So I decided to spend my evenings relaxing at home, and especially when it’s pouring outside and I don’t feel like I miss out on something when I stay in, I thoroughly enjoy it! These tips are no secrets and for sure won’t be new to any of you, but they might give you an inspiration on how to spend your nights when you already feel like you’ve caught a cold.
- Take a hot, relaxing bath. I know this is a no-brainer, but sometimes you don’t want to take the time to soak in bubbles for half an hour (or maybe even longer ) but you should, it’s the best! I either use a muscle relaxant bath supplement by Tetesept, or something more fun from Lush, like this golden bubble bar. Just get in there and relax, always works for me.
- Put some nice sweatpants, cozy socks and a warm jumper on. I personally always change into something comfy as soon as I get home, but for those of you sticking to Karl Lagerfeld (who said that if you wear sweats, you’ve lost control over your life) and looking all put together at home: just do it. Put those slouchy pants and soft, thick socks on and enjoy! Will make you feel much more relaxed in an instant. I like to make sure that my sweats look nice though, this one for example, is from Hunkemöller, you can also find nice ones at Intimissimi or Palmers, and Urban Outfitters or Asos often have fun ones, too.
- Read something! Instead of just zapping through programs you actually don’t really care about and constantly having noise around, get your favourite magazine (mine is Neon btw) or a good book, cuddle up on the couch and enjoy the calm!
- Get something nice to drink and/or eat. Be it chicken soup or like in my case, a cup of hot water with ginger, lemon, orange and honey, if you feel a little sick make sure to have something warm and healthy that will help strengthen the body’s defences and is good for your immune system. I love to snack, and I love popcorn, so even when I don’t have a movie night I like to nibble on popcorn.
- Be in good company. As much as I sometimes enjoy being at home alone, especially when I don’t feel too great, I like having the Mister around and take care of and pamper me. It’s not about having someone to talk to all the time, after all I’m trying to relax here, it’s just nice to know someone is there with/for you. And if you have a puppy, you sure will have someone to cuddle – always makes me feel better in an instant
- Go to bed early. I usually go to bed at around eleven pm, but when you don’t feel your best, try to get an early bedtime. Because after all, sleep is the best medicine.
By: We Are Stardust