To celebrate the 160th anniversary of Louis Vuitton founding, brand’s artistic director Nicolas Ghesquière and executive vice president Delphine Arnault decided to prepare a whole new campaign featuring 6 various designers. All of them have reinterpreted the famous LV monogram and created their own pieces. Icon and Iconoclasts is a great project in which took part famous creators like Christian Loutboutin, Cindy Sherman, Frank Gehry, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Newson and Rei Kawakubo.
How did the monogram arose? It was designed by Louis Vuitton’s son George. Since then, the motif of flowers and LV logo has become a signature of the fashion house and a symbol of high fashion goods.
The collection includes:
- studio in the trunk and camera Messenger by Cindy Sherman
- travelin/boxing pieces by Karl Lagerfeld
- handbag with a twisted box by Frank Gehry
- fleece pack of backpacks by Marc Newson
- shoppinf bag and shoppinh trolley by Christian Louboutin
- bag with holes by Rei Kawakubo
By So In Carmel