Yay, October starts tomorrow! The Halloween month not only marks the kick-off for university (in Austria), but also a culture-marathon. There are so many events in Vienna, that it seems impossible to keep the overview, not even speaking of attending all the cool ongoings…
Already tomorrow, on the 1st of October, the most attended art event in Austria is taking place: the Long Nights of Museums.
With a special focus on culture and arts, to be more specific, we want to present you our picks of the events in Vienna that are going on this month. See you there!
- What: Museums and galleries all over Austria open their doors until late and can be visited with only one single ticket. It’s the 17th edition of the culture night and apart from the usual exhibitions also special events are being held. A MUST for art and museum fans!
- When: Saturday, October 1, from 6 pm until 1 am.
- Where: All over Austria!
- What: The whole Neubaugasse is turned into a giant flea market for 2 days: shops and food stands sell their stuff outside (they are really lucky with the weather this year), among them are fashion designers, jewelry makers, antiquity stores, bars, and many, many more. It also pays off for fans of (vinyl) music
- When: September 30 & October 1
- Where: Neubaugasse, 1070 Vienna
- What: The Viennale is Austria’s International Film Festival, with a huge program of movies of all categories being screened during these 18 days. Fringe events include discussions, lectures, exhibitions and much more. If you plan to attend and see one or another movie, better be quick: tickets are always sold out very quickly!
- When: October 16 until November 2
- Where: Gartenbaukino, Urania, METRO Kinokulturhaus, Stadtkino im Künstlerhaus, Österreichisches Filmmuseum
- What: For the time of the design festival the whole city of Vienna is being turned into a setting for design. Topics range from fashion over art, architecture and culture to product design and much more. Apart from exhibitions and design installations also guided tours and presentations will be open to attend.
- When: September 30 until October 9
- Where: many different locations all over Vienna, with a special focus on the 5th district!
- What: Fashion, jewelry and craft designers showcase and sell their unique pieces at the design market.
- When: October 8 – 9, from 11 am until 8/6 pm.
- Where: Marx Halle, Karl-Farkas-Gasse 19, 1030 Vienna
Teaser Image: Viennale