We from Trendsylvania tried a new DIY idea for you and without exaggerating we have to say: It turned out amazing! What we did? We pimped up a pair of plain, black lace-up flats with beautiful brooches. It is made so quickly and easily, you really don’t need to be a crafts(wo)man to handle this DIY. No scissor or any other craft supplies needed!
See our potty step by step instruction and have fun creating your own individual bejeweled shoes!
What you’ll need:
- a pair of lace-up flats (we opted for this model)
- brooches of your choice
Step-by-Step Instruction for your DIY:
1. Get your Ballerinas and your brooches. Vintage pieces as flea market finds are beautiful, you can mix them with current items (as we did).
2. Think about where to place the brooches and how many you can and want to use. Gently attach them, considering that they shouldn’t be in the way of your feet or pinch them.
3. Do so for both shoes and make sure that there is a good ‘balance’ between them. Fix the brooches firmly but without damaging the shoes, so that you can remove or/and rearrange them anytime!
4. Step into your amazing, unique shoes and shine out!
Your upgraded flats will shine out for any occasion. Everyone will be wondering where you got this awesome shoes, so when wearing them, better be prepared for many jealous looks and and curious questions.
Pictures by Jon Marron for Trendsylvania, Model: Tati Hené